Why buy an Italian special interest car vs. say a 57 Chevy? Well put simply there is a lot more you can do with a 69 Fiat 124. You can go to an autocross one weekend, a racetrack another, and a car show or club sponsored rally the next. One Fiat 124 can participate in all of these events and be competitive, enjoyable, and economical in all of them. You can also drive it to work or the mall and not worry about someone stealing your rims or intake manifold while it's in the parking lot. With a 57 Chevy you are really limited to shows and cruises. I suppose you could make it into a competitive dragster but to do that you would have to destroy the originality and roadablility of the car.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Italian Projects & Cars
First of all I should start of by saying thanks for visiting. This page is about affordable special interest Italian cars from the 50's through the 80's. I don't know much about newer Italian cars since there are so few in the United States. I also know very little about the exotic cars from Italy like Ferrari, Lamborghini and so on, that means this page will be mostly about Alfa Romeos and Fiats. I will be updating from time to time so check back. If you have any questions feel free to ask, technical or otherwise. If I know the answer I will tell you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment